A Los Angeles native from Moroccan/American descent, Elan Atias’ love for music and singing began as a young child while listening to a wide variety of artists including Bob Marley, James Brown, Led Zeppelin, and Fela Kuti. Besides the obvious vocal influence of Bob Marley, Elan was inspired in listening to singers like Freddy Mercury, Dennis Brown, and Sam Cooke to name a few, but quickly discovered he was drawn toward reggae and Jamaican-style music.
Elan’s vocals caught the ear of The Wailers guitarist, Al Anderson, which lead to Elan being offered the opportunity to sing in his very first live band gig as the lead singer for The Wailers.
This began the life changing journey of touring the world as lead singer for The Wailers that would continue on and off for more than a decade.
After his departure as the full time singer of The Wailers, Elan continued on with his solo career, incorporating other genres into his music both as a songwriter and a vocalist. He has released two solo records, Together As One on Interscope in 2006 and We Are on 1Lion Records in 2011 and has been recruited as a collaborator with an eclectic array of artists including Gwen Stefani, Major Lazer, Snoop Dogg, Kenny Chesney, and Carlos Santana.
After a brief hiatus, Elan is currently in studio writing and recording new tracks for an upcoming release.
• Santana – “Iron Lion Zion” from Corazon: Live from Mexico – Live it to Believe It (2014) –
• Snoop Lion – “Get Away” from Reincarnated– feat. vocalist (2013)
• Elan Atias – We Are LP (2011)
• Kenny Chesney – “Everybody Wants to Go To Heaven” from Lucky Old Sun(2008) and
“Spread the Love” from Life On A Rock (2013) – feat. vocalist
• Elan – Together As One LP (2006)
* 50 First Dates Soundtrack — “Slave to Love” (2006)
* Cheb Khaled — “Love to the People” (2005) —feat. vocalist
• Gwen Stefani – “Hollerback Girl” – Dancehollaback Remix (2005) – feat. vocalist
* Elan — ‘ I’m in Love with you Girl” single (2001)
* Sex and the City Soundtrack- “Dreams Come True” (2000)
• The Wailers – Live at Maritime Hall(1999)